We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    Good Morning,

Modx95, latest versions php,sql

I just transfered modx to another server and everything looked ok until reading the Chinese translation. The English looks ok, but the Chinese version has random question marks insterted throughout the text that were not there on the old server. So something got switched around in the transfer.

Also when I log into manager I can not see the TinyMCE rich text editor for either English or Chinese.

Imagine it might have something to do with the SQL dump but can not figure it out. Tried numerous things such as importing the DB another way, and crosschecking the different files to see if something was missing...but haven’t found anything.

Has anyone come across this situation and have any advice?

Thanks a bunch
    Derek
      [center]-- smiley --[/center]
      [center]New View Media - Custom Website Design[/center]
      [center]Custom Website Design & Marketing = Strategic Business![/center]
      • 1,611 Posts
      This is probably just a character encoding issue. Check that the database and MODx are set to use the right encoding for your text. If you updated to 0.9.6 and didn’t choose a character encoding when you ran the install you may find that reinstalling and choosing to enter the database connection info when upgrading helps (this adds character encoding vars to your config file).
        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options