We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hello everyone,

I just installed the latest version of Modx and changed the language to Norwegian, but there’s an error. Something about imcomplete language or something... (The error was in Norwegian).

I compared norsk.inc.php to english.inc.php, and indeed there are language variables that are not on the Norwegian file. The file I have is:

Filename: includes/lang/norsk.inc.php
    Function: Language file.
    Encoding: ?
    Author: The MODx Project Team (originally by Alex Butter)
    Date: 03 Oct 2006
    Version: 2.01
    MODx version: 0.9.5

I then checked the Modx demo at opensourcecms.com and saw the same error with the Norwegian language.

Does anyone have a working Norwegian language file?

I’m unable to help as I’m not Norwegian. I am, however, trying to configure Modx for a Norwegian client, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
      • 66 Posts
      Hi!

Well, I’m Semi-Norwegian, and have tried to get the Norwegian crew on MODx together, but unfortunately without luck. The language file needs a total re-haul, as the strings are now in alphabetical order. We also need to add new strings, and correct some of the old ones.

A basic plan is to take the most recent English language file and start translating all over again. This is way too much work for me to do on my own now, which is why I suggested a small Norwegian language team, consisting of preferably three (or more) members.
        • 6 Posts
        Just posted zip file with all files translated (utf8) in reply to another thread about norwegian translation.