We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 53 Posts
    I have created the danish translation for modx and attached it.

But but the weird thing is that I used the latest english file for the translation and it has identical line numbers but somehow I get the configuration warning that the languagefile should be updated.

What it is more weird is when I try to use the swedish language file in modx I get no configuration warnings and the swedish language file which shipped with modx isnt updated to the newest addition to the language file.

When i use winmerge i can see that the english and danish file has identical linenumbers.

But anyway it is working
    • line numbers don’t necessarily mean the actual entries are the same... might be missing a semicolon or a quote mark. I’ll double check it ... and thanks!

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 34 Posts
        Great work funkybuddah grin

Hope we soon get a danish forum where we can coordinate further translations.
          • 180 Posts
          Hej Casper!

I manage the swedish translation and it IS up to date. If I have missed something, please let me know.

Now to your problem. I have tried to find what is causing the warning, but haven’t solved it yet. It’s not missing trailing semi colons. During my checks I have found one small error. You have translated
          $_lang["user"] = ’User’;
          as
          $_lang["bruger"] = ’Bruger’;

This is however not what is causing the error. I will look some more. I think you will have to go through the whole file with a finetooth comb. Check against the english file.

Errors like these are horrible to fix. I’ve been down this road myself and its a lot of work to find the small error that is causing it.

Good luck!
            • 180 Posts
            Casper

The following definitions are incorrect. You have translated "documents" to "dokumenter".

$_lang["access_permissions_dokumenter_in_group"]
            $_lang["access_permissions_dokumenter_tab"]
            $_lang["access_permissions_no_dokumenter_in_group"]

Should be

$_lang["access_permissions_documents_in_group"]
            $_lang["access_permissions_documents_tab"]
            $_lang["access_permissions_no_documents_in_group"]

Correct this and everything should work as expected. smiley
              • 53 Posts
              Heja sverige
              You are a true hero Pont. Thank you very much. That was nice.

And because of this i made the translation of the tinymce lang file the danish file was missing and also the fckeditor.

Maybe the danish forum could be merge into the Swedish forum and the Norwegian. So instead of 3 differnet relative small countries we could have a scandinavian forum. This is only a suggestion but our language is close related.

The uft stuff now works correctly. I’m not proud to say it but i used dreamweaver for the translation and found out that this was not an good idea because it encoded the file as ASCII. So i used a program called crimson editor which did the work.

And finally the files Hurraa smiley
                • 17 Posts
                Hej med jer.

Now I have put the language files ind the folders and set the language in modx to Danish, the only thing that become Danish is the text at the login to modx?
                Do I miss something?

A quick edit: It works for me now, I just forgot to set the language to danish in my own user smiley