We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hello.

I downloaded the Czech translation. In the preamble in the file it says it is Latin1 but it actually is Latin2 - I found out when trying to iconv it to utf-8. I succeeded and put the file in the manager/includes but it does not show as an option on my scroll down of languages. WHat did I do wrong ?

• 7,075 Posts
      You have to put it in /manager/includes/lang/ is what happened wink

It should work. Encoding depends on which encoding you selected when saving the file (TextMate or TextWrangler for Mac are good options, PS Pad for Windows is nice too).
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 5 Posts
        Quote from: davidm at Dec 01, 2006, 11:06 PM

You have to put it in /manager/includes/lang/ is what happened wink
        Thanks. This worked event though the Czech file has a wrong number of entries.
        Quote from: davidm at Dec 01, 2006, 11:06 PM

It should work. Encoding depends on which encoding you selected when saving the file (TextMate or TextWrangler for Mac are good options, PS Pad for Windows is nice too).
        This I am not so sure of. If my site is UTF-8 and the language file is Latin, who will do the "translation" from one encoding to the other?.  Any way, I will try and report.

-------

I have tested it. The language-inc-php file encoding must be the same as the site encoding.

• 7,075 Posts
          Quote from: Lanny at Dec 07, 2006, 11:49 AM
          This I am not so sure of. If my site is UTF-8 and the language file is Latin, who will do the "translation" from one encoding to the other?. Any way, I will try and report. I have tested it. The language-inc-php file encoding must be the same as the site encoding.

Yes it does.

And that’s why it’s safer to use the tag for the charset :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=[(etomite_charset)]" /> 

MODx est l&#39;outil id
            • 5 Posts
            Safer than what huh I always use it in my HTML output. Anyway, the problem is really solved:

1. The Czech include file, downloadable from this site is Latin 2 and not Latin 1 as it says in its comment
            2. Any language include file must be in the same format that one wants to serve

I will try to translate the rest of the file and correct the typing errors and than offer it here.

Thanks you for your help.

• 7,075 Posts
              It’s safer to use the tag because you can’t go wrong and have different charset in front and bakckend is what I meant smiley

MODx est l&#39;outil id