We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 67 Posts
    Hi,
    I found that when i use greek characters on an Template variable in 0.9.5, modx turns them to "<playlist_artist_name>&Icirc;�&Icirc;&sup1;&Iuml;�&Icirc;&not;&Icirc;&raquo;" etc.

Can this be fixed or can i be pointed to fix it? I set a full site just to encounter this bug at the end.

Thanks!
    Alex.
    • Which build/revision of 0.9.5 are you using? Is your TV a textarea or rawtextarea type? If the former, try the latter, as textarea/textareamini was applying htmlentities() calls to the content without considering the character encoding. If you change it to rawtextarea/rawtext, this should resolve the issue for you until you can get a newer build that removed this behavior from textarea/textareamini/text TV’s and includes a new output widget for TV’s to apply htmlentities with the proper encoding.

This fix and new feature have been committed in the very latest trunk and should be available with a public release candidate of 0.9.5 later today, or you can grab latest from SVN.
        • 67 Posts
        I have applied raw for now. Thanks!