We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 67 Posts
    Hi all,

Here is what i found. I create a mysql 4.1 database, set the encoding and collation to utf, install 0.9.5, and some greek characters appear both on pages and on manager as squares, icons etc.

On the exact same database, the 0.9.2 versions works fine.

This in on MediaTemple Grid Server.
    On my laptop, running the same setup but on windows, 0.9.5 Greek Utf support is fine.

oh yes, its also impossible to export from mylaptop and import in Mt. everything get scrambled.

Any ideas if this is a bug or should i wake up the guys at Mt?

Alex.
    • Quote from: AlexKay at Oct 30, 2006, 04:21 PM

Hi all,

Here is what i found. I create a mysql 4.1 database, set the encoding and collation to utf, install 0.9.5, and some greek characters appear both on pages and on manager as squares, icons etc.

On the exact same database, the 0.9.2 versions works fine.

This in on MediaTemple Grid Server.
      On my laptop, running the same setup but on windows, 0.9.5 Greek Utf support is fine.

oh yes, its also impossible to export from mylaptop and import in Mt. everything get scrambled.

Any ideas if this is a bug or should i wake up the guys at Mt?

Alex.
      I’ve done the same thing many times. It typically is a combination of your connection collation sequence, the connection character set, the db character set, the db collation sequence, the collation sequences set on the fields in each table as a result of the previous settings, as well as the format of the sql file you dumped. I often have to play around with various combinations before getting it right, but then again, MySQL and the way it handles character encoding really makes me crazy...
        • 67 Posts
        Correction, nor the 0.9.2 version displays correctly. I get the site name correctly but the name of the document has the greek letter r as a square. Both the site name and the documents name are the same word.

any ideas cause im runing out of patience here....
          • 67 Posts
          Does any one know what the db encoding, collation etc should ne in order to display correctly unicode greek?