We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 67 Posts
    When i Input greek in the content editor, either the default rtf editor, either TinyMCE, the charactersget automatically converted to html entities, before i submit the pages. I have encoutered this in other rtf editor too, but i solved it, as i knew where the config files where.

What about modx, how can i change the way the embeded rtf editors work?
      • 4,213 Posts
      You can find the RTE files in assets/plugins/ folder.. Edit away! Also, see in MODx manager, resources -> manage resources -> plugins

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 264 Posts
        In case you prefer utf-8 in your template, in your modx install and in your Mysql database, AND you use TinyMCE, here is the solution: Ressources -> Plugins -> TinyMCE -> under "tinyMCE.init" simply add:

entity_encoding : "raw",

Also see Moxiecodes website. This stores your characters unmodified into the database.
          • 1,131 Posts
          Question though is this: Should encoding be set to raw by default?
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 4,213 Posts
            no, that would mean users would need to write htmlentities by hand even if using RTE

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 1,131 Posts
              Ahh...ok then. I’ll add this as an option to the configuration of the plugin. At least that way users can set this to whatever they’d like. smiley
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                • 264 Posts
                Quote from: Bravado at Oct 18, 2006, 09:31 PM

Ahh...ok then. I’ll add this as an option to the configuration of the plugin. At least that way users can set this to whatever they’d like. smiley
                Works like a charm in 0.9.5RC2, thank you Bravado!