We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Well, as the technology preview has been released now I guess we'll have to stick with the current language system. Therefore I've taken the english.inc.php and took all modx language strings out of their context and moved them down to a new section ("new to modx").

This will enable us to use the existing etomite 0.6 translations without the need to retranslate all the text but only those new to modx. Attached you'll find the modified file.

Maybe we can do some major languages before the final release of modx so they can be already included in the final release, either by installing all languages or optional in the installer like snippets selection!?

//OOC:
    I'll start working on the german translation, maybe some likes to review it?
      • 29 Posts
      Couldn't attach a file, so you'll find it here:
      http://www.intertech.at/modx-english.inc.phps

Edit:
      I've overseen one changed string, the .phps has been updated with
      $_lang['logo_slogan']
        • 239 Posts
        Great! Thanks for this. I had a look at the Dutch translation yesterday, but I had some trouble to find the new strings for MODx in the English language file. This will make translation much easier.
          • 29 Posts
          If you take the translations from Etomite 0.6 you have to remove

$_lang["my_etomite"]
          $_lang["welcome_message"]
          $_lang['credits_mantis']
          $_lang['etomite_slogan']

as they are not present anymore in the modx-english.inc.php and you'll receive an configuration check warning otherwise.
            • 1,732 Posts

Maybe we can do some major languages before the final release of modx so they can be already included in the final release, either by installing all languages or optional in the installer like snippets selection!?

//OOC:
            I'll start working on the german translation, maybe some likes to review it?

Sounds great! Many thanks. I'll have a look at your changes

Keep up the good work

Best regards,
              xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
              • 77 Posts
              I've finished the french localisation of ModX. It's a pity that one cannot attach files here. :!:

Where should I post my file :?:
                Nicolas
              • If you'd like, please email any language files to [email protected] and either Raymond or myself will get them posted to te download manager.

On a related note, we will be switching to IPB to resolve the file attaching issue.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 77 Posts
                  Ryan,

Did you receive my file?
                    Nicolas
                  • Yes I got it. Thanks! (must post now ... :/ )
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • Couldn't attach a file, so you'll find it here:
                      http://www.intertech.at/modx-english.inc.phps

Edit:
                      I've overseen one changed string, the .phps has been updated with
                      $_lang['logo_slogan']

This makes for a great base template, thanks for the work. smiley

Does anyone know if there are deprecated or redundant lines? We probably would want to keep as close as possible to the original translations due to "ease of porting" I guess. Thoughts here?