We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Hi,
    I have a website with more than 1200 documents, with 6 different templates.

Now, I need to create whole website in another language.

I will duplicate whole tree and this is OK, but, I need to create 6 new templates with different language (not only a wayfinder root but also lot of other changes).

The question is:
    it there a plugin or module or whatever way to say something like:

in all child documents to document ID 1267 (1267**) change template "shop-german" to template "shop-serbian"
    in all child documents to document ID 1267 (1267**) change template "product-german" to template "product-serbian"
    in all child documents to document ID 1267 (1267**) change template "regular-german" to template "regular-serbian"
    etc.

www.nikolic-viljuskari.net/cms is german website...Now, I need all that in Serbian sad

Thanx in advance...
      --
      www.spotkg.com
      • 964 Posts
      I think that the DocManager module will help you do exactly what you want...
        MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
        • 70 Posts
        You’re right if I know exactly which document belongs to which template, but, in order to change templates through Doc Manager I would have to create list of all documents assigned to particular template.

So range of document ID’s will be huge and hard to create (I will have to open every document in tree in order to see in which template belongs to).

I would prefer something like I have pointed in first post:

in all child documents of document ID 1267 (1267**) change template "shop-german" to template "shop-serbian"
        in all child documents of document ID 1267 (1267**) change template "product-german" to template "product-serbian"
        in all child documents of document ID 1267 (1267**) change template "regular-german" to template "regular-serbian"
        etc.

ID 1267 is a root of Serbian version of the website (it’s just a copy of German tree).

I will try to do search&change operation directly on database through phpMyAdin.

Thanx
          --
          www.spotkg.com