We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 429 Posts
    http://www.uttingsinsurance.co.uk/index.php

I Have a template variable in the grey box in the front page.

This was set to richtext and the default value @ DOCUMENT 44

Document 44 used a blank template and contained an image and some text.

After updating the image in this document, the TV no longer shows.

I have tired logging out and back in. Tried chaning the name of the TV etc.. but to no avail.

I have tired linking the template to another document but for some reason it is not working. Even if i change @ DOCUMENT 5 (for example), when refreshing the page the index still shows @ DOCUMENT 44 in the grey box.

Any ideas?
      • 4,205 Posts
      Try changing the TV from RTE to textarea. Not sure this will help but worth trying wink
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • 429 Posts
        Quote from: dev_cw at Apr 03, 2009, 11:56 AM

Try changing the TV from RTE to textarea. Not sure this will help but worth trying wink

No luck i’m afraid. I’ve got no idea. It was all fine, i added an image, and that was it, it broke. I have since removed the image to no avail. Meant to be proofing later today
          • 4,205 Posts
          Try turning off the cache for the document you are importing?

To get around that use the getField snippet rather than the TV to get the content. This will allow you to proof today and buy time to work out the @DOCUMENT problem.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • What version of MODx?
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 429 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Apr 03, 2009, 11:56 PM

What version of MODx?

using the latest version from the website.

Its not a problem now, I just created a new TV and deleted the old one. This worked provided the names were different. Next time i edit the site, which will be very infreaquently, I will do the same.

Thanks