We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Hi,

When we enter a string to be searched the AJAX search results are displayed as list, selecting one of them launches the page. And it also displays "Search Term: xxxxxx" and "Remove Highlighting", I want these two appear next to the submit button. I could not figure out what to change in the CSS in order to achieve that.

Regards
      • 561 Posts
      Hi Rajoo,
      I think I see what you mean. In my test system, after my search there’s this DIV that contains the search words:
      <div class="searchTerms">

In my site, possibly like yours, you have search words on the left, a search box (form) in the middle, and the Submit button on the right. To get the search words next to the submit button would certainly possible, but would take a little work. You could use some fancy CSS positioning of that DIV and the ones nearby, if you like playing with CSS.

Or you could alter the code in AjaxSearch, finding where in its template "searchTerms" and the other DIVs are found, and re-arrange them. This method would be more foolproof.

I hope that helps.

Namaste,
      Dave
        MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4