We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 160 Posts
    For those of us trying to get our heads around how to use them and how they might work in our own layouts it would sure help to see how they’ve been used before and have examples to work from when we’re trying to tame our own.

Just a thought.
      "I’d love to change the world but I can’t find the source code . . ."

Custom ModX Templates
      • 160 Posts
      Zi, why did you move this? I was asking why TVs weren’t included in the section on ModX add ins such as Snippets, chunks, plugins, etc. Now this post makes NO sense.

Custom ModX Templates
      • Kickass, I kind of agree with you here, though case studies to exemplify all the various MODx capabilities and features would be the best source for these types of things, since typically TVs are used in conjunction with other MODx components; and this will be addressed moving into the MODx 1.0 paradigm, as the difference between all of the various MODx content producing elements (e.g. Templates, TV’s, Snippets, Chunks, Plugins, and Modules) is reduced, and the capabilities of each blended.

For now though, TV’s are quite different from the rest of MODx, and deserve their own attention. Typically in the Tips and Tricks forum, the General Support forums, etc.
          • 160 Posts
          Maybe they should have their own subsection somehow somewhere.

Custom ModX Templates
            • 3,975 Posts
            Quote from: kickass at May 17, 2006, 06:24 PM

Zi, why did you move this? I was asking why TVs weren’t included in the section on ModX add ins such as Snippets, chunks, plugins, etc. Now this post makes NO sense.

Kickass, you have a nice suggestion here, but this topic was not related to Modules/Plugins/Snippets so I moved it to General MODx Discussions.

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

zi
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link