We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for MultiFlex v4.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    A conversion of MutiFlex version 4 - 2 column version.

Menu on right
      Patrick | Server Wrangler
      About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
      • 128 Posts
      Its a day of highs and lows -

First I found this great template...

but then I got completely confused trying to install it.

I uploaded the multiflex42 folder into assets/templates.

I’ve copied the HTML code from index.html, went to the Manage Resources section, and placed that into a "new template" called "Multiflex-4"

I’ve copied the HTML code from mf42_layout1.html, and in the Manage Resources section placed that into a "new chunk" called "mf42-layout1"
      Did the same with layouts 2,3,4,5.

I set a document on my site to use the new template...

and I get this: http://dev2.creatingframeworks.com/index.php?id=47

What have I missed?

And then the next question is:

How do I set Layout 1 for my home page
      and Layout 4 for all other pages on the site?

Thanks!

John
        • 2,310 Posts
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection,print" href="./css/mf42_layout4_setup.css" />

The href link doesn’t look right, should probably be
        assets/templates/multiflex42/css/mf42_layout4_setup.css
        or something similar
          • 128 Posts
          Thanks bunk... I was just looking at that too, and that did it.

I’m still working on the layout thing.

John
            • 128 Posts
            Okay.. layouts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. are NOT chunks, they are alternate templates. Cool. Got it now...

So basically in this download there’s 5 templates to choose from.

And they all have the same coding issue, which once found just takes a minute to clean up.

Great.. its all working!

John
              • 128 Posts
              I can’t say enough about what the developers of this set have done... its great... it really makes for a "website in a box" kind of experience where all the pieces of the puzzle are there and the user just has to put them together.

And thank you for one thing in particular, Gerhard, and maybe AMDbuilder had a part of this too, I’m not sure who did what on these, but as a team you deserve credit:  the CSS is so well organized and labeled - its easy to find what I need to make modifications. Thanks.

It is so cool that in MODx a dif template can be assigned to different pages on the site.  This really adds variety and color and professionalism.  Next i suppose I will be playing with chunks and TV’s to make things even more to my liking.

Anyway, I was playing, and I modified Multiflex 4.2 - Layout 5 so the nav is gone but the colorful subcontent boxes remain and can be either on the left or the right side of the webpage.

There are two things that I would very much like to have help on:

1) Removing the light gray shading that appears on the right-side of the page: http://dev2.creatingframeworks.com/index.php?id=50
              2) Making the footer go across the whole length of the screen, but, keeping the rest of the page content centered as it appears now.

John
              • Hello,

The credit goes to Gerhard for developing the layout and making sure it’s user friendly. I just converted the templates for use with MODx.

Regarding your modification and such, I don’t recall converting layout 5 which has different code than the other pages and such so that is likely your problem. If you would like I can convert it, but it will be 1-2 days before I can get around to converting it.

I’m sure you can also make the footer sticky across the bottom of the page, but due to the styling of the MF templates they don’t lend themselves well to layout modifications without issues. Granted they are tested in just about every browser in existence and the work in them all which is nice.

Also I checked the default package and it appears I miss packed things some... the template should be uploaded to assets/templates/flex4/xxxxxx I will repackage it correctly later with some better notes when I have the time.

AMDbuilder
                  • 2,310 Posts
                  For the footer just move the last </div> tag above the footer section like this:
                  </div>          
                      <!-- C. FOOTER AREA -->      

<div class="footer">
                        <p>Copyright © 2008 Your Company | All Rights Reserved</p>

</div>  

That takes it outside the main body width restriction.
                    • 128 Posts
                    Great... thanks.

I’m really pleased with how it turned out, the gray thing on the right is the only thing that I’m struggling with. (In the meantime I’m slowly growing used to it.)
                    • .main{
                      background: transparent url(../img/bg_main_reverse.gif) repeat-y scroll left top;}

AMDbuilder