We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 356 Posts
    When we click on yes to friendly URL, it appears to reset all the pages ok but then when you click on the links its shows only a Not Found Error page

i have all the requirements in place and also renamed the ht.access file to .htaccess still not working

anyone else have this issue or is friendly urls experimental at the moment

seems like it should work whats the trick
      SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
    • Lot’s of possibilities; please try searching on terms like SEO, SEF, FURL, search engine friendly, .htaccess or similar terms to find a multitude of threads on this subject -- might try starting off here:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2675.0.html
        • 204 Posts
        Quote from: bugsmi0 at Apr 27, 2006, 08:56 PM

When we click on yes to friendly URL, it appears to reset all the pages ok but then when you click on the links its shows only a Not Found Error page

i have all the requirements in place and also renamed the ht.access file to .htaccess still not working

anyone else have this issue or is friendly urls experimental at the moment

seems like it should work whats the trick

yes, we found the same problem - so turned them back off again
          • 7,075 Posts
          It should work. I have hosted MODx on 5 differents hosting service with no problem whatsoever...

Two questions here :

1) Did you check the path is right in your htaccess rules ? (some hosting service need you to add ReWriteBase / )
          2) did you check your server support zlib ? If not might be nice to comment out the zlib directives in MODx .htaccess

Of course, since you say you have all requirements, I imagine you checked you have mod_rewrite enabled...
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 356 Posts
            ok I got mine working finally, curious about the full path alias option,

if we have an unpublished folder as the root that contains a published folder that contains the docs will the path displayed included the unpublished folder ?

ie

general folder <-unpublished - - published -> /main folder/document 1, 2, 3, etc
              SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
              http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
            • That sounds like a great case for a quick test and it’d be nice to have a report of the results. wink
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 204 Posts
                Quote from: davidm at Apr 28, 2006, 06:55 AM

It should work. I have hosted MODx on 5 differents hosting service with no problem whatsoever...

Two questions here :

1) Did you check the path is right in your htaccess rules ? (some hosting service need you to add ReWriteBase / )
                2) did you check your server support zlib ? If not might be nice to comment out the zlib directives in MODx .htaccess

Of course, since you say you have all requirements, I imagine you checked you have mod_rewrite enabled...

We got it working, none of the above - I’ll write about it when I get a moment smiley
                  • 36 Posts
                  Hi as a relative newb working off a reseller account, could someone please give specific instructions on how to access the httpd.conf file that was talked about in that linked thread, or how to do that rewriteBase thing. Or how to turn on mod_rewrite (or even check if it is turned on).

Right now my htaccess reads

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /ajax/index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

Which should be right according to instructions. Thanks in advance.
                  • Is your file named ".htacccess" without the quotes? The period in the front of the name is the key to it working.
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                      • 36 Posts
                      Yes of coure. Lol.