We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 104 Posts
    Hi,

I am using Revolution 2.08 and Gallery 1.2.1 (i updated today when Gallery was not working).

I had Gallery installed and working fine, but today when I have tried to add more images to an existing album, or to a new one, I am getting errors.

If I try and add a single image, I get the error "An error occurred while trying to upload the item."

In the error log, I have the following:

[2011-06-27 08:26:16] (ERROR @ /assets/components/gallery/connector.php) [Gallery] Could not create directory: /var/www/vhosts/astrabridal.co.nz/httpdocs/assets/components/gallery/files/2/

This directory already exists. Any ideas why it is trying to create a new directory?
    • I have no idea why this is happening, but here’s what I would try if I were you:

• Download the contents of /assets/components/gallery/files
      • Make sure you have these files backed up in more than one place
      • Go to the Gallery page within the manager, and remove any albums you have
      • Delete the entire contents of /assets/components/gallery/files including all of the directories, so it’s just an empty directory
      • Try creating an album again
      • If that works, re-upload your photos. You could use the batch upload feature to make this quicker

Make absolutely certain that you have backed up your files before you do this, I would hate for you to lose data. Also, if you have tagged your photos, you might want to write down the tag information, unless it would be easy to duplicate, I don’t know how many photos you have. You will lose all of your tags through this procedure, so if that’s a problem either don’t do it or find a way to back up your tags.

If re-creating your albums is going to be a lot of work, I would hold off and see if anyone else has a better suggestion. There’s probably a way to fix this without deleting anything.
        • 104 Posts
        Hey, thanks for the suggestions. After trying MANY different things, I finally figured out it was my error, and the file paths were incorrect in the Site Settings. I changed servers from Dev to Live, and the Gallery was one area that had not been used since the go live, so I had never noticed the paths were not updated. Once I changed this, it all came right. Wasted a good day on it though!
        • Oh good, I’m glad you didn’t have to recreate your albums!