We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 101 Posts
    Hi, I have a couple of sites where I use the gallery addon.

There’s one site that has a lot of pictures and galleries and the update of the gallery addon just stops after a while.
    It generates a zipfile in core/packages/gallery-1.2.1-pl/modCategory with a size of 450Mb at every update attempt. (sometimes the size is less or more)

Tried it locally and on all the other sites and the update works fine, but when I try it on the live server with all those galleries, it just stops.

This is how far it goes:
    /*
    * MODX Console Output
    * @date 2011-06-23 06:16:51
    */
    Werkomgeving opgezet, pakket wordt geinstalleerd...

Bezig met installeren van pakket: gallery-1.2.1-pl

Verkrijgen van pakket werkruimte...

Skipping vehicle object of class modPluginEvent (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array
    (
    [pluginid] => 7
    [event] => OnTVOutputRenderPropertiesList
    )

Skipping vehicle object of class modPluginEvent (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array
    (
    [pluginid] => 7
    [event] => OnDocFormPrerender
    )

(
    [pluginid] => 7
    [event] => OnTVInputRenderList
    )

(
    [pluginid] => 7
    [event] => OnTVOutputRenderList
    )

(
    [pluginid] => 7
    [event] => OnTVInputPropertiesList
    )

Attempting to preserve files at /home/domain/public_html/virginoutlaws/assets/components/gallery into archive /home/domain/public_html/virginoutlaws/core/packages/gallery-1.2.1-pl/modCategory/76793c2075fecfaaf3d7af85a41f19d3.0.preserved.zip

Pakket gevonden...installatie voorbereieden.

/* EOF */

Previous updates I had to delete everything, including all the galleries, do the update and upload the galleries again, but it’s too time consuming.

Any ideas?
      Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this.