We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 91 Posts
    I’ve downloaded and installed this new snippet, but I can’t get it to work.

I initially tried to set my own gallery directories, then tried to put images in the default directories, but no matter what I try, no images are retrieved, and the snippet returns a blank.

It seems to me that the snippet calls chunks as output templates and sets placehoplders for these templates but I can’t find any chunks in the installed material. The documentation states that the formatting places inages in <div> statements for styling purposes, so someone thinks there’s some formatting going on.

I’m not a programmer, so I could be wrong here, and MODx Revo is new to me - I’m a recent graduate from Evo, which I’ve used for years.

In fact, I’m beat, and possibly I’m doing something wrong in Revo. But other snippets execute, including some I’ve written myself.

I confess I’m a bit puzzled by the default directory for thumbnails: .../photos/.thumbs "/.thumbs"? Looks weird. And how are thumbnail images named in relation to their parent, larger images? There seems to be some very large assumptions about image/thumbnail relationships that I am not party to, and of course I suspect this might be why nothing’s working.

Any ideas, anyone?

Yours

Nic Boyde

My set-up

CGI/FastCGI
    MODx Revo 2.1.1 (trad)
    PHP 5.3.6
    MySQL 5.1.56
    pdo-mysql installed
    ImageMagick 6.4.8 2010-01-07
    json version 1.2.1
    I browse in Firefox, Safari, IE and Chrome - latest non-Betas of each.
    I’m not opcode cacheing to my knowledge

And here’s the last error message from the core/cache/logs/error.log. No idea if it is relevant...

href=’function.exif-read-data’>function.exif-read-data</a>]: Unable to open file
    [2011-06-17 00:13:26] (ERROR @ /home/serc/public_html/revo/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/30.include.cache.php : 10) PHP warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given

MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud