We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 284 Posts
    Hi all,

I need some improvement / bugfix for the Gallery addon. I already reported the problem as a bug here: https://github.com/splittingred/Gallery/issues/86 and now need it for several client sites.
    Problem is that zoomcrop is not showing the entire photo but I need a max-height value for every photo / thumbnail.

For now it would help if I know what to change in code myself but I’m not a PHP guru, so it would be very kind to give me advice what to change in Gallery code to achieve the correct behavior.

If you know what to do to get it work properly it would be very kind to help me out.
    If it’s a bit heavier than just changing 3 lines of code, please write how much effort this is and I hope I can pay for?

Thank you very much in advance!
    -Anselm
      MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
      • 284 Posts
      Okay, solved this with a few options:

&thumbHeight=`450` &thumbWidth=`0`

It’s actually confusing to add 0 value but it’s working for me as expected. a fixed height and a variable (aspect ratio) width.
      PHPThumb describes w and h attributes as max-width and max-height for images. So I think it should work so in Gallery. wink

Mark Hamstra meant for solution:
      A good FR would be an imagePropertiesDefault switch

Thanks to Mark it’s now working for me. Hope there will be an improvement in near future for the gallery package.
        MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)