We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 82 Posts
    i am also struggling with this was have been trying to do the following solution i think i’m almost there....

within the dynamic gallery component create a new gallery called ’gallery1’ - upload some pics.

create a resource called Main gallery

within that page create another resource....

give that resource/gallery the title ’gallery1’ - Add a Gallery template Variable called ’Gallery Logo Thumb’ and select a thumbnail from the gallery you have created in the gallery component.

- now within the Main Gallery(ID-25) - the one above ’gallery one’ - use the following get resource call:

[[!getResources?
    &parents=`25`
    &tpl=`galthumb`
    &includeTVs=`1`
    &processTVs=`1`
    ]]

Also create a new chunk with the following code,

<p>[[+tv.Gallery Logo Thumb]]</p>

This will place the thumnail from the sub galleries on the gallery page,

now i just need to call the gallery album with the same name...

<p>[[+tv.Gallery Logo Thumb]]<a href="[[!Gallery? &album=`[[+pagetitle]]`]]"</a></p>

but the above doesnt work and loads everything, just need to say on click of the gallery thumb load the corresponding gallery....
      • 82 Posts
      ok getting somewhere now.....could do with a little help though....

on the template for my subgallery page i place the following gallery call:

[[!Gallery? &album=`[[*pagetitle]]`]]

This brings up my thumbnail for my gallery of the same page name...

now in my galthumb chunk i just need to open the corresponding page..

<a href="[~[[*id]]]" [[+tv.Gallery Logo Thumb]]</a> ... doesnt work, not far off though...
        • 82 Posts
        solved it...

to the the thumbgal template,

<a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" >[[+tv.Gallery Logo Thumb]]</a>