We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 38 Posts
    I used the package manager to install on MODx Revolution 2.0.3-pl.
    All I am getting is a blank page when click on the component in the backend (see screenshot).

Any hints greatly appreciated!
      • 1,336 Posts
      Does the Gallery appear if you re-load the page? Does it work sometimes and not others?
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 38 Posts
        Unfortunately not. It never displayed at any time. undecided
          • 38 Posts
          I upgraded to 2.0.4, but the problem keeps persisting.
            • 1,336 Posts
            Open the Tool->Developer Tools window in Chrome, when you load the page do you get a js error that says something like ’cannot call request on undefined’?
              Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
              • 38 Posts
              Thank you for pointing me to chrome developer tools (I was actually looking for an ajax related error in Firebug without any luck)!

This is what it said:
              Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/gallery.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/widgets/album/album.tree.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/widgets/home.panel.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/sections/home.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              manager:25Uncaught ReferenceError: GAL is not defined

After applying "chmod -R 755 /assets/components/gallery" everthing seems to work now.
              Thanks!

• 82 Posts
                hi im getting exactly the same error, have duplicated the advice using chrome and then have changed the permission on the gallery but am still getting the following error, what were the steps that you took to fix this ?
                this is driving me mad!
                thanks.
                  • 82 Posts
                  Hopefully this is sorted - this issue was all a bit messy anyway! it’s been a nightmare 2 days trying to do a migration and i’ve been living in fear of losing files somewhere along the line.

done a clean install of modx on another server -

installed gallery component -

imported database -

-seems to be working ok.

what im thinking with a site migration is to do my clean install of modx on new server -

install the various components in modx - easy and quick to do anyway

import my database...

import various files css, images, etc

is there any reason why this wont work? ?

• 38 Posts
                    If you are on a Linux system, make shure that ALL folders and files in "/assets/components/gallery" and "/core/components/gallery" have sufficient rights and owner.
                    If you have suPHP installed there could be a problem with the file rights. E.g. I had to chmod everything to 755 and chown it to "confixx", since it’s installed on the production server (the default Apache user is "www-data" of course).
                      • 82 Posts
                      hi thanks for getting back i seem to have fixed it now a little unsure how,

i basically replicated the setup on another server and got it all working with the gallery component i then copied that whole folder off that server.

on the server giving me problems i deleted the whole assets folder and brought in the working one,

somehow this fixed it. - ive had loads of problems with this server and have had to copy various other files that have been throwing up problems all along the way.

im just waiting for more problems to arise.

thanks t.