We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi,

On a new installation of modx Rev 2.0.2-pl I can install gallery without any problem. When I try to create an album (components -> gallery -> create new album) I get the window where I can fill in album name etc. When I click on save I get to see the "saving" message briefly but after that nothing happens: the "Create album" window stays open. No error message, no entry in error log.

All the other modx functions seems to work OK.

Rev 2.0.2-pl (traditional), Linux, Apache (version unknown), PHP 5.2.13, MYSQL 5.0.90-log

Any ideas ?

• 38 Posts
      Same issue here after installing ImageMagick.
      Before creating an album actually worked, but thumbs where not shown.

When loading the album page, the chrome developer tools console states:
      Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) connector.php

When I open http://www.my.url/assets/components/gallery/connector.php directly I get a 500 as well.
      My Apache error log is empty though. undecided
      Any ideas?

Configuration: Revolution 2.0.4pl, Gallery 1.0.1 rc2, PHP Version 5.3.2, ImageMagick 6.5.7-8
        • 38 Posts
        Problem solved: /assets/components/gallery/connector.php including parent folders needed chmod 755.
        Hope this helps somebody.
          • 1 Posts
          I’ve been googling high and low, but i have this exact same problem in the latest version 2.0.8.

tried this fix, as well as some scripts i found and still now joy. Any other pointers?
            • 38 Posts
            Check if you have suPHP installed on your server. Make shure your folder and file rights (chmod,chown) are set correctly. This was the problem in my case. Folder needed to have chmod 755 and the right owner.
              • 30 Posts
              Quote from: sebwebdev at Apr 20, 2011, 08:18 AM

Check if you have suPHP installed on your server. Make shure your folder and file rights (chmod,chown) are set correctly. This was the problem in my case. Folder needed to have chmod 755 and the right owner.

Hello, i have the same problem. I try to set chmod 755 to /assets/components/gallery/connector.php and all folders near this file, i even set 755 to /gallery folder, but i still cannot create albums. What permissions exactly i must to set? Have someone other solution ideas? Please help! :’( MODX Revo 2.0.8 + Gallery 1.2.0
                • 70 Posts
                i have same problem, i’m using MODX 2.1.1 and gallery 1.2.1 and can’t create new album
                  • 70 Posts
                  with MODX 2.1.2 still can’t create new album embarrassed
                    • 572 Posts
                    Same problem here, i am unable to create any albums. Setting permissions has not worked.
                    I'm using:
                    Revo 2.1.3
                    Gallery 1.4.0
                      www.9thwave.co.uk
                         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                      • 8 Posts
                      Try to set 755 to "assets" and "components" folders, it helped in my case.
                      Explain: maybe suPHP installed on your hosting. To ensure the security it does not execute files with the rights above 644 and an entry in the folder with the rights of larger than 755.