We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    Hi All,

I would love to see live examples of Gallery running on Revo 2.0

Anyone have something to look? Maybe with some extra CSS styling or jQuey eye candy?

Thanks!
      • 1,161 Posts
      50 views but no links to any live Gallery sites?
        • 4,149 Posts
        Hi photowebmax. I’m sure there are Gallery sites, but as Revo was just released 2 weeks ago, I’m sure they’re either still in development, fresh out of the gates, or the developers are still too busy to submit the site.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 1,161 Posts
          Shaun,

Yup, I am just anxious to see what people have done or are working on. I have only played with Gallery a little bit and I have yet to get it to function properly.

I had a few other Revolution and local testing ground "teething" issues but I am getting there. I am liking what I see from the interface though.

The documentation for Revo covers a lot of ground. But I guess what I am longing to see/hear/view/listen is how guys got Revo working and how they went about building sites. This will take time I am sure.

I have two or three new projects coming up but I think I will stick with Evo for those. I need to play with Revo for a while before I feel comfortable actually using it for real projects.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Shaun!

Max

PS: I have a new MODx site devoted to a character named Shaun. Check out www.basenji-shaun.com

• 4,149 Posts
            Quote from: Photowebmax at Aug 03, 2010, 02:55 AM

Yup, I am just anxious to see what people have done or are working on. I have only played with Gallery a little bit and I have yet to get it to function properly.
            I’ll be expanding the documentation for Gallery here in the next couple of weeks, so that should help.

The documentation for Revo covers a lot of ground. But I guess what I am longing to see/hear/view/listen is how guys got Revo working and how they went about building sites. This will take time I am sure.
            Yes, as Revo offers an unparalleled amount of flexibility, there probably will be many different solutions. Remember, though - if you did it in Evo, you can do it in Revo.

I have two or three new projects coming up but I think I will stick with Evo for those. I need to play with Revo for a while before I feel comfortable actually using it for real projects.
            And that’s fine, and totally A-OK. Remember that Revo is the future - so don’t fall too far behind. wink

PS: I have a new MODx site devoted to a character named Shaun. Check out www.basenji-shaun.com
            Oh my, if only I looked as good as that puppy.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 1,161 Posts
              Thanks Shaun,

In the last 45 minutes I have resolved a bunch of frustrating stuff like competing versions of MAMP, database tables, getting Revo installed more than once, and the differences with naming snippets & chunks etc. I also figured where I needed to change path names to templates and how the code in the links is different from Evo. But BANG, all of a sudden there was a pretty well configured site structure all done in Revo! I also downloaded most of the important snippets using the cool Packet Management system.

"Baby steps grasshopper" - as the saying goes...

Max