We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    First of all thanks for the help!
    The interface of Gallery 0.1 beta 2 dosen´t work right to me!
    By klicking the Components/Gallery in the backend to add a new Album, the gallery-interface won´t display in the Action/Edit Area.
    What can I do?

Environment:
    MODx Revolution RC2 rev6923 updated from RC1; Snippets: getResources, Wayfinder, UltimateParent and Gallery 0.1 beta2; Browser: Firefox 3.6.3; MySQL-Version 5.0.88 (collation:utf8); PHP 5.2.10
      • 24,544 Posts
      Try updating to RC2. wink
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 5 Posts
        Hy BobRay,

I know that Gallery 0.1 beta2 is only for this release and my MODx Revolution is already updated to RC2 rev6923.

At first I tested in RC1 the Gallery0.1alpha2 with the same result (the Interface dosen´t appears by selecting the component at the menu).
          • 4,149 Posts
          Try clearing your browser cache, and/or the modx site cache.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 5 Posts
            Hello splittingred,

I cleared my browser cache manually but also autocache-clearing in Firefox is activated. The modx site cache clearing brings no result too...same like before:(
              • 24,544 Posts
              Try "reload core entries " in System -> Lexicon Management.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 5 Posts
                Thanks for the hint,

strings were successfully reloaded. Interface still won´t show up. Actually I setup a second installation and try it on a fresh system. I´ll let you know.
                  • 5 Posts
                  After having tried to get Gallery running on a new vanilla installation (with RC2 for MODx and Gallery each) still no success.
                  Using a different web space from a colleague and following the same steps on the same machine we were finally able to successfully run Gallery, very nice tool.

This leads to following question: Is it possible that the environment on the web server has anything to do with this very issue?

I have a MySQL 5.0.89 and PHP Version 5.2.12 on a SunOS whereas my colleague has a Debian MySQL 5.0.32 and PHP Version 5.2.11 on a Linux server.

I am confused.
                    • 6 Posts
                    Hi all,

I have the same problem, using newer versions of MODx and Gallery. I have two webspaces, on one environment Gallery is working, on the other I have this problem. When I go to Components > Gallery, it doesn’t display the main window. Just the menu and the sidebar on the left.

MODx 2.0.2-pl
                    Gallery 1.0.1 rc2

Working environment:
                    PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.5
                    MySQL 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.6

Problem environment:
                    SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v
                    PHP 5.2.12
                    MySQL 5.0.89-log

Is it possible that the web server environment causes this problem? Do you have some troubleshooting advice?

Regards,
                    Martin
                      • 6 Posts
                      Fixed the problem. The permissions of the files were wrong. Now it is working.