We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    I am getting the following error when trying to Go Back to Normal View after uploading images to MaxiGallery. This issue wasn’t there when the site went live but the client has reported it to me as a recent issue:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: file_get_contents(/content/Hosting/m/o/xyx.com/web//assets/snippets/maxigallery/templates/galleryslimboxtpl.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /content/Hosting/m/o/xyz.com/web/assets/snippets/maxigallery/chunkie/chunkie.class.inc.php
    Line: 77
    Line 77 source: $fcontents = file_get_contents($filename);

It seems like whatever is going on it’s adding an extra slash into the url for the galleryslimboxtpl.html file. Can anybody help me out and let me know how I can fix this?

Thanks!!!
      • 129 Posts
      By the way, this parsing error now comes up when I try to access the ditto listing of all properties (the site is an estate agent’s site, using ditto to list properties and each of the property details pages uses MaxiGallery for it’s image gallery.

« MODx Parse Error »
      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
      « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error: file_get_contents(/content/Hosting/m/o/xyz.ie/web//assets/snippets/maxigallery/templates/listpicturetpl.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
      Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
      File: /content/Hosting/m/o/xyz.ie/web/assets/snippets/maxigallery/chunkie/chunkie.class.inc.php
      Line: 73
      Line 73 source: $fcontents = file_get_contents($filename);

Does that mean the parsing error is coming from elsewhere? Urgent help required please. I am at a complete loss on this one. Makes the site unworkable. Thanks!!
        • 44 Posts
        Is it something to do with the extra slash in the path: ’web//assets’? On some web servers the configuration can disallow this.
          • 129 Posts
          Yes, that is certainly the issue but I haven’t been able to figure out the source for this. So I am testing out a completely new MODx installation now with the backed-up database. A repair installation didn’t fix it. Fingers crossed!
            • 44 Posts
            I just had a look at the source to Maxigallery (in am attempt to make up for my pathetic non-reading of your first post), and I see that the function getTemplate in the chunkie class file is the only one to call get_file_contents:
            			$template = $this->get_file_contents($modx->config['base_path'].substr($tpl, 6));

Can’t you do something like this:

$template_file = str_replace('//','/',$modx->config['base_path'].substr($tpl, 6));
            			$template = $this->get_file_contents($template_file);

• 129 Posts
              Thanks, Garreth, for your tip. I actually ended up doing a complete MODx reinstall - even repair install didn’t fix it. Your method may have worked but I was already down that road. Really appreciate your suggestion though and perhaps someone else with the same issue will come across your post and it will help. Thanks!
                • 129 Posts
                Hey Gareth

Just to let you know that I am sending you some major cyber thank-yous!! The reinstall didn’t help in the end and I just remembered your post and gave it a go - sorted!!!!! Had a number of other MaxiGallery problems after that but unrelated and all fixed now (with the 0.6 beta install). I feel a glass of bubbly coming up - this issue was hounding me for the past week!