We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 437 Posts
    Does anyone know if it is possible to make a Maxigallery title a hyperlink to another page/site. I am using Evo and a Maxigallery Slimbox
      www.PawsForWildlife.co.uk
      www.Borntobrick.co.uk
      • 561 Posts
      Interesting question - even after making dozens of MaxiGalleries, I hadn’t tried that.

I just tested it with a Slimbox. When I did it in a photo’s Title field, Maxi borked the link’s code. But when I put one in the Description field, it worked fine, albeit with a hyphen at the beginning.

So it can work. You could leave Title blank and stick it in the Description. It may require some templating to customize it or get it working in the Title field.

Cheers, Dave
        MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
        • 437 Posts
        What did you add as the link code in the description box? Can you display so I can see how you achieved it
        Thanks
          www.Borntobrick.co.uk
          • 561 Posts
          Just a very standard link:

<a href="http://yahoo.com">Yahoo</a>

Cheers
            MODx and Wordpress development
            Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
            • 437 Posts
            Thats great, thanks Samba. If anyone is able to create the same with the Title I would be much appreciated, the description will do for now but inevitably I would like to do it with the title. Wonder why it kicks it out? huh
              www.Borntobrick.co.uk
              • 437 Posts
              Okay have my description links working fine. If I enter

<a href="www.yoursite.com">View Page</a> in the Title box, instead of display the words ’ViewPage’ and hyperlinking the mto the correct web address, it displays the code

Why does maxigallery allow me to create links in the description box but not the Title box? I have had no luck with this so far, so I am relaly hoping someone can answer this undecided
                www.Borntobrick.co.uk
                • 437 Posts
                Has anyone had any luck with this? I have displayed some images in a tabular style (3 wide, infinite long). Using the Maxigallery snippet, when I manage my pictures I get a Title box and a Description Box. What I am trying to achieve is to link the text in the title box to a page. So when you first come onto my page you will see the thumbnail images with a text link underneath. I can achieve this in the description box, but not the title box. I would appreciate any help on this please
                  www.Borntobrick.co.uk