We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 158 Posts
    [SOLVED] - see my last post

Evo 1.0.5, MaxiGallery 0.5.2, phpThumb 1.7.9

I’m pretty sure this problem began occurring after upgrading from Evo 1.0.2 to 1.0.5.

Sometimes i get this error: "phpThumb() v1.7.9-2008051321 AntiOffsiteLinking() – “www.$this->config_nooffsitelink_" showing up in place of the thumbnail.

Usually if i clear site cache the problem goes away but eventually the problem reoccurs.

I am getting a Configuration warning: Configuration warning: ’GD and/or Zip PHP extensions not found’ however a check on my phpinfo shows that GD library is enabled. (Edited to say: I have another site on this server running Revo 2.0.8 and i don’t get this warning.)

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Steve
      • 561 Posts
      That’s exactly the error I was seeing on Liquidweb shared hosting (which I ended up excoriating in my blog - long story!).

What tech support told me was that even though the libraries are shown in phpinfo, they still need to be configured (or maybe just turned on) at the server level. But they would not do this, because they didn’t want to risk disturbing other sites on the same box (understandable). They offered to move me to a newer box, which had newer PHP, MySQL, and all the other stuff.

Why you’re seeing that after upgrading to 1.05... no idea.

I would suggest talking to tech support about that, although maybe someone else may have a quicker answer.

When that stuff is turned off, I found that various things didn’t work right, notably Maxigallery, uploading images was pretty much not working.
        MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
        • 158 Posts
        bump

I am still having this problem. any thoughts would be appreciated.
          • 158 Posts
          I believe i have fixed this problem. i changed the following parameter from true to false in the phpThumb.config.php file:

$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['nooffsitelink_enabled']       = false;                                       // If false will allow thumbnails to be linked to from any domain, if true only domains listed below in 'nooffsitelink_valid_domains' will be allowed.

• 354 Posts
            I experienced this too, with Evogallery but it applied to MG as well. In my case the base href was set (hardcoded) to the old hostname on which i tested the site before switching to the real domain. I changed it to:
            <base href="[(site_url)]"></base>

On a sidenote not related to MaxiGallery: if you set tinymce plugin to fullpathurl (*not* the default setting). Then images used in content could still have old hostnames added. In that case set it to docrelative and check/edit all your image urls used in content and rich text TVs.