We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi,

Im trying to build a simple portfolio site, and thought MaxiGallery would be the way to go. But i get the error:

Error: Gallery database could not be created!

I’ve used the snippetcall [[!MaxiGalley!]]

It might have something to do with my host, but i honestly don’t know how to figure it out...

Can anybody help out?
      • 2 Posts
      Hello,
      I have the same problem. I’m running the MODx fine on my local notebook (windows vista).

Somebody have an idea?

Thanks
        • 2 Posts
        I work out on the problem, and i find (showing a mysql_error() on the code), that image gallery try to connect with my windows user to the databse, not by using the mysql user inserted on the config.inc.php

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks
          • 2 Posts
          I also have this problem. Everything else runs fine on my MODx installation.

I can usually work out any problems on my own, but now... I’m really clueless here... Please help!

Many thanks in advance!
            • 1 Posts
            Same issue here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Doing a search on the topic, I found that MaxiGallery does not work with the new modx Revolution. The wiki documentation says all versions, but that may have been before the release of Revolution.
              • 1 Posts
              I am getting exactly the same error. I am using Modx Revolution

Have set the CHMOD for the Gallery folder to 777 and am using the snippet [[MaxiGallery]] but am getting returned on the front end of the site "maxigallery Error: Gallery database could not be created!"

I am pretty sure I am just missing something real simple but for the life of me can not find it.

What settings is everybody using and what have you all tried?

Thanks

Sddouggy
                • 2 Posts
                MaxiGallery is currently not supported by Revolution.

I use this instead:
                http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Gallery

It was the best I could find for Revolution (which is critical for me). It’s not as powerful as MaxiGallery but it does the job...

Good luck