We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Hi guys,

MODx is currently installed under /modx/... but i’d like to change it to the root (/...).

Are there any cautions or paths to follow? Will I have problems with my current database, which I don’t want to lose?

Thx!
    • There’s a few parameters you’ll need to change in your site config, and if you’re using .htaccess you’ll need to update the path you altered in that file, but otherwise, it should be relatively painless. Unless you’ve got static paths on your images, of course.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 18 Posts
        That’s what I wanted to know! Tks!

Do you mean the site config table, inside mysql?

Another thing: should I run the modx default install utility (install.php) and jsut update the site or something else?

BTW, all my images have the full path (like http://mydomain/.../[image]).

thanks, again.
        • If you build your sites with all relative paths properly, there should be no issue, but your images, if using full paths, will need to be modified in your content. You don’t need to change any config settings unless you manually set them. All you need to do is move everything to the root, modify the .htaccess rule if you are using it, and you should be good to go. No installation/upgrade necessary.