We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    hi everybody

can’t seem to unzip MODx-091a.tgz on windows xp using winzip, winrar and stuffit.

any suggestions?

mvg,

Aart
      • 93 Posts
      Well,I am not sure if the utilities you mention handle .tar ’d files. .tgz is Tar (TapeARchive, basic concatenation) and gzip. (GnuZip, compression) It would not suprise me if those programs have buggy tgz implementation or lack it entirely.

It is also possible you ended up with a corrupt download.

Look for a windows program to handle tgz and download a fresh archive.

Cheers,
      JT

edit: try zip genius.
        • 5 Posts
        thx tyler,

zip genius looks really nice but gives the following error: ’list index out of bounds’
        So i guess it must be a corrupt download. Is there any way to remedy this. I used firefox 1.0.7.

Is there another way to download the file, the thing is, i was able to download the previous version without any problem and since i screwed up my installation (and made no back up sad )
        i’m in dire need of the files. Modx is like some cmscrack wink
          • 93 Posts
          aart,

pm me an email address and I will send you the files in a zip and or tgz
          • FYI, I’m in the process of preparing a MODx 0.9.1b patch release, and will make sure both .zip and .tar.gz formats are made available and tested for integrity. This should available later this afternoon.
              • 5 Posts
              thx Tyler and Jason,

The latest version 0.9.2 downloaded without a problem.

mvg,

Aart
                • 73 Posts
                hi. i want to try MODx and just downloaded modx-0.9.2.tar.gz. the last lines after executing ’tar -zxvpf modx-0.9.2.tar.gz’ are:
                modx-0.9.2/manager/processors/user_documents_permissions.class.php

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
                modx-0.9.2/manager/processors/web_access_groups.processor.php
                tar: Child returned status 2
                tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

anything to worry about?
                • Try the zip, Cassiel. That doesn’t sound right.
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me