We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 158 Posts
    edit: problem solved - see Doze’s reply.

I have narrowed down the problem to this:
    - Upsample a photo in Photoshop (see attached sample).
    - then use the Photoshop "Save for Web..." feature. If i just save the file normally the problem doesn’t occur.
    - Try to upload the photo via the Manage pictures button. The following error (below) occurs every time.
    - FYI - you CAN insert the same "bad" photo into your resource via the resource browser

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: exif_read_data(acc_cleats.jpg) [function.exif-read-data]: Incorrect APP1 Exif Identifier Code
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: C:\xampp\htdocs\modx\ezdacc\assets\snippets\maxigallery\maxigallery.class.inc.php
    Line: 431
    Line 431 source: $exif = exif_read_data($this->path_to_gal.$name, 0, true);

• 4,213 Posts
      You can fix it by commenting out the exif data reading.. it’s not necessary, see this.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 158 Posts
        Thank you Doze - that fixed it!

Steve
          • 572 Posts
          Hi,

is that commenting out lines 613-618 in: maxigallery.class.inc.php ?
          that doesn’t seem like the right code?
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
            • 4,213 Posts
            Yes, that’s the correct file. Line numbers can be different depending on your version.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 7 Posts
              I have a similar problem with files saved from Photoshop and uploading in a Zip file:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,51355.0.html

Any idea what could fix it?
                • 129 Posts
                Have just commented out this bit of code on lines 428-437 which seems to have done the trick (613-618 were completely unrelated):

//read EXIF information
                if($type == "jpeg"){
                if(function_exists("exif_read_data")) {
                $exif = exif_read_data($this->path_to_gal.$name, 0, true);
                if(array_key_exists("EXIF", $exif)) {
                $pic_date = " ’".$exif["EXIF"]["DateTimeOriginal"]."’ ";
                }
                }
                }
                //if gif image, convert to png

However, very curious that my client had the issue but I was able to upload images from my own computer without problems ... Anyway, seems to be working now.