We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 55 Posts
    Hi, I’ve used MaxiGallery a ton of times on various sites without any problems. However, I just tried using it on a new site that is using ModX 1.0 and I just can’t get it to work. The manager button doesn’t appear at all. It’s as if the snippet isn’t being called at all and when I view the source it’s just blank where the call is. It’s acting like it doesn’t realize I’m logged in to the admin.

So first and foremost, are there known compatibility issues with 1.0? I couldn’t see anything indicating that anywhere.

The main gallery page is here:
    http://www.whistlerdiscoverytours.com/photo_gallery.html

It’s using this call:
    [!MaxiGallery? &display=`childgalleries`!]

The page is blank of course because I can’t create any child galleries.

The child gallery page is here:
    http://www.whistlerdiscoverytours.com/land_rover_adventure_photos.html

Using this call:
    [!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &embedtype=`slimbox` &pics_per_row=`3` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`0` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`0`!]

Rich text is turned off on both as is caching.

Any ideas? Anyone? Please help, I need to get this site finished off ASAP and the photo gallery is the last thing I have to do.

Thanks,

Kevin.

• 55 Posts
      Upon further investigation, it looks like MaxiGallery *is* loading because slimbox js and the other js files are appearing in the header. Just no manage pictures button. I’ve heard that this can be attributed to permission problems. I’ve double checked and /assets/galleries is definitely set to 777. The Hosting Provider won’t allow me to set a webuser or group (they’re currently blank).

Should I be concerned about permission problems in /assets/snippets/maxigallery/ as well? Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
        • 55 Posts
        Looks like I’ll have to get the client to switch hosting providers. I can’t seem to get this issue resolved and their support is of no use. They of course don’t know anything about ModX and just presume it’s and issue with ModX itself.

If anyone has any ideas, please respond. I’ll grab at straws at this point - no potential solution is too crazy!

K.
          • 701 Posts
          Have you tried disabling QM+, I had some issues with that.
            • 55 Posts
            Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried disabling QM+ as per your suggestion and it hasn’t made a difference.

One thing I have noticed is that Quick Edit has *never* worked on this site for whatever reason. Stock install of modx 1.0 and QE has never shown up on the front-end. Maybe related?

K.
              • 55 Posts
              I’ve given up. I moved the site to a new hosting provider and everything works 100% (and faster too). Just have to switch over the DNS now.

For the record my client was hosted with NetFirms. I absolutely would not recommend them at all. Their shared database server is unbelievably slow in addition to the maxigallery issues I had, quick edit not working and not being able to turn register globals off (via php.ini or any other means). All in all a very bad experience.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help out.

K.
                • 3 Posts
                Hi,
                I had the same prob,
                once I made the maxigallery snippet code "uncached" the maxigallery was working, but it makes the page load time so high of course
                when I made the snippet cached; in some docs, maxigallery was freezing as its last cached view, for ex: "manage pictures" button was seen for the visitors also, and clicking "manage pictures" button in manager mode is just reloading the same page again...

I ve compare the docs that are cached maxigallery working, and the ones that are not working,

I have found that the ones that cached maxigallery is not working, are all have "doc cacheable" value is set to "yes",
                first I made these documents cacheable value to "no", well it was not enough,
                Ive continue to check and see that the difference btw working and not working docs is the url alias have "capital letters" in it,
                I ve checked the "TransAlias" plugin configuration and set "Restrict alias to" -> "lowercase alphanumeric", and re save the docs

now all of my gallery pages are working in cached maxigallery snippet,
                I hope it helps to ones having the same prob