We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 345 Posts
    I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me can’t figure out what.

I followed the tutorial in the documentation with the exception that I renamed the TV and chunk, but I don’t get a publishing form showing up on my page. Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on? I’m using Friendly URLs on most of the site. Not on these pages though.

I created a TV called postnewsContent and made it visible to all document groups, just to be safe.

I created a chunk called postnewsForm which has the following code:
    <div id="postnewsForm">
    <form name="NewsPublisher" method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]">
    <fieldset>
    <h3>Publishing Details</h3>
    <p>Note: Leaving the Publish Date empty will immediately publish your blog entry.</p>
    <input name="postnewsForm" type="hidden" value="on" />
    <label for="pagetitle">Page title <abbr title="The title used on the browser window">?</abbr>: <input name="pagetitle" id="pagetitle" type="text" size="40" value="[+pagetitle+]" /></label>
    <label for="longtitle">Headline <abbr title="The title used on the article">?</abbr>: <input name="longtitle" id="longtitle" type="text" size="40" value="[+longtitle+]" /></label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    <h3>The Content</h3>
    <p>The Summary field is optional, but is used as a short version for RSS feeds and summary views on the main blog page.</p>
    <label for="introtext">Summary (optional, but encouraged):<textarea name="introtext" cols="50" rows="5">[+introtext+]</textarea></label>
    <label for="content">Content:[*postnewsContent*]</label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    <h3>You're Done</h3>
    <input name="send" type="submit" value="Post Request" class="button" />
    </fieldset>
    </form>
    </div>

I have a publish page named "Post News" with ID 77 in which I pasted the following into the main content field.

[!NewsPublisher? &folder=`37` &canpost=`registered, volunteer, employee` &makefolder=`1` &formtpl=`postnewsForm` &rtcontent=`tvpostnewsContent`!]

If it’s not obvious what’s happening, you’ll have to register to actually see the Post News link in the menu.

http://modx.acgi.org/77.html