We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    I’m attempting to use MaxiGallery to do a slideshow for the header in my website. The slideshow images, delay, transition, lack of arrows, not-clickable, etc are all working well. But it seems to be ignoring the settings I have for height and width, and it is placing a black strip above and below the images. The images are all 774 x 177 pixels.

Attached is an annotated screen capture showing how the slideshow looks in the header. That’s in the hopes that I get it corrected soon and this will be of help to someone else down the line. For right now, you can also see the "issue" live at http://puckrat.com

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! grin
      • 4,213 Posts
      Try using &smoothgallery_height and &smoothgallery_width in your snippet call. Those parameters set the size of the smoothgallery div. By default the are &max_pic_size X &max_pic_size.

You can change the div background color in /assets/snippets/maxigallery/smoothgallery/css/jd.gallery.css (IIRC smiley)

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 3 Posts
        Sweeeeet, setting &smoothgallery_height and &smoothgallery_width was all it took. I see those in the Wiki (http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/MaxiGallery) now, wonder how I missed ’em and saw the &slideshow_height and slideshow_width instead when I was banging my head last night. Ah well, replaced the $slideshow_ with $smoothgallery_ and we’re good to go. smiley

No need to mess with the background color as the black bands go away once the height and width of the slideshow matches the height and width of the images. ~

Thanks!
          • 4,213 Posts
          No problem..

Quote from: Becca at Jan 26, 2009, 03:47 PM

wonder how I missed ’em and saw the &slideshow_height and slideshow_width instead when I was banging my head last night.
          Sometimes a good night sleep is the only thing you need.. smiley

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 26 Posts
            Hello..

I am designing a site where in I want to have a rotating filmstrip of images( example deepalaya.org). I have seen few sites online but they use flash. I do not want to use flash. Is there a way that I can implement it in modx using maxigallery.I tried to search in the previous posts of forum, but could not find anything. Can somebody please tell me how it is possible. thanks in advance.
              • 4,213 Posts
              If you find a javascript that can do this, you can use it with maxigallery by doing custom templates that output the html code the way the script wants.

• 26 Posts
                thank you doze..i will try that and will update the outcome...
                  • 21 Posts
                  Hey Becca sorry to be a noob but can you please post an example of the code you used to achieve this slideshow. it looks great.