We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    EDIT: problem solved. Lack of coffee is indeed my excuse: can’t edit on one server and expect files to appear on another. I was talking to the wrong server.

I’m just starting to try and figure Modx out. I’ve a decent amount of CSS and CMS experience, but some how I’m missing how to install a custom built template. Maybe I needer better coffee. tongue

My troubles revolves around the directory structure. It seems to me that the CSS and supporting files should be installed on my server as follows:
    modx/assets/templates/mydesign/mystyle.css

The code in my template should be:
    [(base_url)]assets/templates/mydesign/mystyle.css

At least that what I’m deducing from deconstructing the default template found at:
    modx/assets/templates/default/site.css

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be true as my CSS file is not being employed. In an effort to figure out the problem I modified in the site.css file found in the path listed above. My changes had no effect on the site pages.

I’m baffled and stumped. My pages are getting CSS information from somewhere. Just not from the sources I can find.