We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 216 Posts
    Hi,

I have my new pages off-line, published, and public. When I logout of admin, the pages are unavailable, as you would expect. I sign back in, refresh the page, and get the following appears at the bottom of the webpage:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php:452) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 416

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource: 
    « PHP Parse Error » 

PHP error debug 
      Error:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php:452)   
      Error type/ Nr.:  Warning - 2   
      File:  /home/xxxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php   
      Line:  416   
      Line 416 source:  header($header);    

Parser timing 
      MySQL:  0.0633 s s (43 Requests) 
      PHP:  0.4070 s s   
      Total:  0.4703 s s 

If I refresh at the bottom of the page, the error continues. If I scroll to the top and refresh, the error disappears. I’ve repeated this several times, and the pattern is always the same.

What’s going on?

Thanks.
      • 4,213 Posts
      Quote from: Colin at Apr 11, 2006, 08:12 PM
      I have my new pages off-line, published, and public. When I logout of admin, the pages are unavailable, as you would expect. I sign back in, refresh the page, and get the following appears at the bottom of the webpage:
      You can solve the parse error by disabling visitor logging. Use some of the 3rd party visitor loggers, like SlimStats or BBClone if you want. There are information here at the forums how to integrate them into your modx installation. The parse error you are having is discussed here: Cannot modify header information error...

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 216 Posts
        Am I right in saying this is a php configuration issue? I’m on a shared server, but will be moving shortly, so if it is down to configuration, it would likely go away. In the meantine, I’ll switch off the logging as suggested in the thread.

Thanks.
          • 4,213 Posts
          It has something to do with the server enviroments, but I don’t know what exactly. Some have it and some don’t. So can’t be sure that will you have it on the server enviroment that you are moving to. The whole visitor/audit logging system will be redone at some point. In the near future, I hope! smiley

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."