We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 141 Posts
    smiley Although this situation is very much unfortunate, its nice to know someone else understands whats going on.

The button doesn’t show at all, whether I’m logged on as a web user or from the manager backend.

This is crazy since the button did work at one point. I’m not using any weird configurations or hacks, just a plain old MODx install and a plain old Maxigallery install with a standard snippet call.

Maxigallery is perfect for what I wanna do, it’s worked beautifully and I love the way I can arrange the pictures in an ajax platform that is VERY attractive. I hope I can get this to work soon, I’ll keep browsing for a solution. huh
      • 1,161 Posts
      Did you give Doze access to the site? He is great with this stuff. I see he asked if you could PM him with the login details. I would follow up with this. You can always change the security login details if that is a concern.

I feel your pain. Even though some of us experience issues with MaxiGallery (and other snippets) the functionality is good enough that it is worth the pain.

I hope you resolve this soon. As I am new and know next to nothing about PHP etc I can offer little in the way of concrete assistance...

Max
        • 4,213 Posts
        Would it be possible for either of you to try the SVN version of MODx?

There has been one bug concerning this (http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,23668.0.html). A little different thing, but could be somehow related.

I have started to do a next version of MaxiGallery what has tons of fixes and I’m hoping to see this issue in my environment so I can find the cause. I’ll do some testing possibly today or in the weekend and get back to you guys if I find anything..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 141 Posts
          Thanks Doze I’ll check it out. Hopefully that will make a difference.
          Best,

Josh
            • 1,161 Posts
            Any news here?

Max
              • 4,213 Posts
              It was an issue with Firefox 3 Beta 5.. that doesn’t show the manage pictures button, other browsers and other version of Firefox does..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • 141 Posts
                I didn’t get to thank you.. Thanks Doze! grin
                  • 20 Posts
                  Hi folks!

I do have nearly the same problem and I've searched for any solutions for several hours.

A i created a website for a customer of our company about 1.5 years ago. I used modx 1.0.4 with the last maxigallery plugin.

On my mac everything works fine in Safari and Chrome, but when I use my Windows VM, with the latest versions of FF (9.0.1) and Chrome (16.0.912.75) the manage pictures button isn't there (even in the DOM)!
                  The funny thing is, that the IE 8 (8.0.7600.16385) is showing the button but after the "image upload"
                  the Manager picture is visible and no picture was uploaded!

Info: The customer hast the same problem

Are there any solutions for this problem?

Kind regards

M.

• 20 Posts
                    Ahhhh i forgot.... i included the snippet call directly in the html code of the page

[[MaxiGallery?
                    &max_thumb_size=`100`
                    &max_pic_size=`640`
                    &galleryPictureTpl=`galleryPictureTpl`
                    &pics_per_row=`3`
                    ]]