We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 52 Posts
    Just got an email from those nice folks at Style Master announcing the release of version 4.5 (excellent software it is too!) and was interested by this:
    Style Master introduces a new Wizard for setting up 6Apart blogs (for
    6Aparts new unifiedTypePad, MovableType and LiveJournal blog format,
    WordPress and Blogger. We’ll be adding more of these soon, for systems
    like TextPattern, and CMS tools like ModX and Drupal.
    nice to see Andreas is getting around:
    New Templates
    We’ve added more templates, from renowned designer Andreas Viklund,
    including a template specially designed for Style Master. These are
    beautiful, sweetly coded templates. See why hundreds of thousands of
    people use Andreas’s Templates.
    .....who has the copyright on snippet?!:
    Snippets
    We often find ourselves reusing similar CSS code over and over again.
    Font sets, colors, selectors, and even whole chunks of code. With
    Style Master 4.5, we’ve implemented a way for you to quickly and
    easily access your "snippets" and reuse them in different style
    sheet, any time. The new snippets pane lets you drag pieces of code
    to be stored, and then easily insert them in the current style sheet.
    It’s like an infinite clipboard that never forgets.

• re: style master
      Wow, I think that’s absolutely awesome. And we should return the favor, putting some official mention of Style Master on the MODx site. I’ve tried it out myself and think it’s a tool that’s way overdue in the industry. I’ll be able to afford a license some day, not that it’s expensive... tongue

re: Andreas
      Indeed, we couldn’t have dreamed of a better team member than Andreas. Thanks again Andreas for getting involved with MODx.

re: copyright on snippet
      IMO, if anyone does, let em have it; it’s been used in every other development tool for every other language I’ve ever seen, so I doubt anyone lays claim to it. Honestly, I hope to help shed some of this inconcise terminology associated with MODx in the near future, as we continue to simplify and optimize it.
      • can’t copyright or trademark "snippet" any more than you can "windows", or if you’re Australian, "barbie"! Not that that stops some from trying wink
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 205 Posts
          I am a big fan of Stylemaster and they are adding additional functions to FTP that will make it possible to open your CSS in Modx, work on it locally and when you hit save, write it back to server. (Actually this is already possible) Combined with this they are adding functionality that will allow you to choose a Modx page (template) so you can see how the changes to CSS are rendered locally. For me, I think this will help when working on design changes. But I do not have any further info just yet.

I have got the new version 4.5 and if I discover anything worth reporting myself I will let you guys know