We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    First, the obvious: MODx is very nice. Thanks!

Second, the question: I want a pretty basic website that consists mostly of a blog. But, I’d like the blog entries to look nice. I’d like to be able to add pictures, do some simple text formatting, etc. The RTE isn’t quite enough for that (e.g. it won’t let me add pictures). If I’m logged in as an admin, I see the QuickEdit toolbar and these little "Edit Content" buttons. If I click on "Edit Content", I get a very nice WYSIWIG editor. Is there any way I can set things up so that I get to use that editor when I’m logged in as a Web User and making a new blog post?

If I go to http://modxcms.com/blog.html and click on the first entry ("Where in the world are we"), I get a pretty fancy looking page, so it looks like there’s some way of making fancy blog entries.

Heck, even the nice toolbar that I get to use to make this post would be a good start.

Thanks in advance,

-michael
      • 3,975 Posts
      The blog entry you mentioned is based on hand crafted html. BUT the editor you can see when you edit or create document, provides you the ability to insert pictures, make tables etc.

Secondly, currently "Web Users" cannot create/update the documents. You need to be logged-in as manager user to create/edit/delete the documents.

Hope this helps.

regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 26 Posts
        Quote from: zi at Apr 09, 2006, 04:36 AM

Hope this helps.

I think my original question wasn’t phrased so well, but your post gave me a kick in the right direction. I’m not terribly familiar with MODx (or, really, any sort of modern web development) yet, so this might be obvious, but it looks like all I wanted to do was Resources -> Plugins -> FCKEditor -> Configuration and change "Web Toolbar Set" to something other than "Basic". Sweet.

Thanks!
          • 3,975 Posts
          Glad to know that you got what you wanted smiley

regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link