We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I know this is an old thread, but I need to show the thumbnails and the big picture on the same page, so I followed the instructions in the wiki.

This seemed to work fine, but...

When I upload an image I get this error:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource: 
    « PHP Parse Error » 

PHP error debug 
      Error:  chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory   
      Error type/ Nr.:  Warning - 2   
      File:  /...path.../assets/snippets/maxigallery/maxigallery.php   
      Line:  372   
      Line 372 source:  chmod($mg->path_to_gal.$name,0666);    

Parser timing 
      MySQL:  0.0128 s (5 Requests) 
      PHP:  12.9728 s   
      Total:  12.9856 s 

It only seems that chgmod permission is denied, but the image is uploaded fine. So, this is not the biggest problem.

But if I try to change something, for instance the id, or a title or description, neither of these changes are being saved. Deleting the picture works fine.

I never experienced this kind of problems before with MaxiGallery. So I gave my own templates a try and everything just works fine.

Can’t figure out what’s causing the problem: the mgJs javascript, or the mgGalleryPicture template (or both).

Oh, allmost forgot: I use MaxyGallery 0.5.2 and modx 0.9.6.3.

So please, can anyone help me with this problem or is there perhaps another solution?
      • 1 Posts
      Found the solution in this topic.

Just added the parameters &manageOuterTpl=`CODE:` &manageButtonTpl=`CODE:` to the first snippet call and everything works fine now.

I guess this should be added to the wiki.
        • 697 Posts

Cannot sort pictures when managing them in a distinct document

Hi, I’m using thumbnails and picture on the same page with the technique explained in the wiki.

I had a problem with the redirection after pictures were uploaded and the "Back to normal view" button was clicked as an error page displayed.

So, I added this &manage_target=`8` to the MaxiGallery call that displays the "Manager pictures" button. In document `8`, I put the same Maxigallery call, but with &is_target=`1` and &picture_target=`3`, where `3` is the document where the gallery must be displayed.

All works fine now, excepted that the "Sort pictures" button doesn’t open anymore the popup used to sort pictures. I tried setting &picture_target and &manage_target in both "view / manager" MG snippet calls, but this doesn’t solve the problem.

In Firebug, Firefox reports the following error: openDragWin is not defined

MG 0.5.2 // MODx Evo 1.0.3 // All browsers