We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hey, Mark told me that Djamoer had a IPB forum include to combine my forums with my site. I am inexperience in skinning forums. The most ive done is change the top banners XD. I tried Joomla but it sucked really badly... So can you help me out plz???
      • 203 Posts
      You have to understand that integrating a forum in MODx and skinning that said forum are 2 different things. If you’re able to build a website from scratch with CSS and XHTML, you should be able to browse through the template files of your forum system and build your own. If not, most of the forum engines have documentation that explain how to do so... And finally integrating the forum into MODx is a programming job that is nothing small. You have to make a bridge between two database that keeps the ’same’ information : the users of your website.

I don’t know IPB forum, but if you want to relieve you from the programming stuff, you should try SMF and use the recently released module to integrate it in MODx.

Hope it helps,

Blaise Bernier

P.S.: If you still don’t see how to skin your forum after ’scrubbing’ the templates, maybe you should consider doing some reading about website building and CSS... www.w3schools.com is a good place to keep up to date with the latest standards along with www.alistapart.com wich is one of the best source of information about website design and programming available on the internet
        Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!
        • 3,250 Posts
        Balmung, I believe I said PunBB phorum5 .