We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    daniel591992 Reply #1, 18 years ago
    I downloaded the greenery template, but now I am stuck. I decided to upload it to /assets/templates/ (I think that’s it), but Now i dont know where to change the template. I’ve searched high and lowm but cant figure it out huh
      • 3,975 Posts
      Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #2, 18 years ago
      http://modxcms.com/template-basics.html

I again recommend you to read the documentation first. It will save your as well as our time and you will get better understanding of how things work.

regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 8 Posts
        daniel591992 Reply #3, 18 years ago
        Quote from: zi at May 06, 2006, 09:13 PM

http://modxcms.com/template-basics.html

I again recommend you to read the documentation first. It will save your as well as our time and you will get better understanding of how things work.

regards,

zi

I did read that before, but there is no index.html file here.

That’s the template I am trying to instal
          • 3,975 Posts
          Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #4, 18 years ago
          There are .tpl files in the archive:

First of all goto Resources->Template, click New Template, add the contents of template.greenery.tpl in the text area, save it as Greenery.

Now, goto Resources->Snippets, Click New Snippets, add the contents of snippet.SubMenu.tpl in text area and save it as SubMenu. Repeat this step for snippet.MenuBuilder.tpl and save it as MenuBuilder.

After setting up template and snippets, 2 chunks are left, the creation of chunks is same as snippets, but do it in Resources->Chunks. Create 2 new chunks, add the contents of chunk.sidebar-login.tpl and chunk.sidebar-news.tpl in there and save them as sidebar-login and sidebar-news respectively.

Your template is installed! Edit any document and select the "Greenery" in template drop down selection box.

Also uplpoad the greenery folder in assets/templates/ folder in your MODx install.

Hope this makes sense.

regards,

zi

• 8 Posts
            daniel591992 Reply #5, 18 years ago
            Thanks so much for your patience. I finially got it grin
              • 3,975 Posts
              Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #6, 18 years ago
              Glad to hear smiley

You are most welcome.

regards,

zi