We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I’m lurking around in the ModX Forum for quite a while and came to the conclusion that I really like to build my first site with ModX soon and I also want to integrate a blog. I know that there is a tutorial for a ’Basic Blog/News Site’ but since I also like WordPress I wonder if there are some other ways of bringing ModX and WordPress together?

Especially now that Andreas - who has made many templates for WordPress - creates some of the new templates for ModX I wonder how this fits together.

Would it make sense and be possible to integrate Wordpress into a ModX page?

Could the Wordpress administration somehow be integrated into the ModX backend?

Is it totally stupid to think in this direction or has someone already a site with ModX and WordPress parts.

What would the more experienced people recommend?

Using either just one or both tools independently or bring them together?
    • zu, I have several sites that use both MODx and WordPress currently, though my goal is to eventually author an import tool to bring all my WordPress data into MODx, so I can lose WordPress. Nothing against WordPress, but integrating MODx into WordPress is not as easy as the other way around, and besides, I like creating MODx templates and creating MODx snippets a whole lot more than WP themes and plugins (I just hate mixing my XHTML markup directly with PHP code like WP themes/plugins do, but I’m crazy like that).

For instance, I can easily get XML feeds out of WP to list latest comments or posts in MODx pages, though I have yet to write a WordPress plugin that can get MODx menus or other data to render in WP, though this will be possible once we get to MODx 1.0 (2 to 3 months probably) and have an API that can be used externally and independently from MODx generated pages.