We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hello,

I am a little lost? Is it possible to only create a user that when they log in they only get to see the "QuickEdit" buttons on the actual site ... and not get access to the backend manager.

Even if they got re-directed to the front page with the "QuickEdit" buttons ... that would be great?!

Thanks for any reply.

trout
      • 204 Posts
      Hey trout

I’m not sure how far everyone got - I remember reading something about that being included in the next release smiley

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2884.0.html

• 2 Posts
        Thanks for the reply..

I’ve done all the user group and document permissions etc. and create a user that should redirect to the homepage only ... (this doesn’t stick when saving huh and doesn’t appear to function) ... however, when trying to set the user not to log into the manager, when trying to save a javascript popup comes up with "Email address doesn’t seem to be valid", then when pressing ok I get in the background "Sorry this function has not been implemented yet" and another javascript box with "Logging error: action not set"

Hmm .. I’m on the latest 0.9.1 release ...

Anyone ?
          • 415 Posts
          hello, I’m on the 0.9.2 and I’ve the same problem.
          Lot of other people on the forum want to allow editing without let the user go to the backend, I try a "backend loggin in the frontend pluggin" but it don’t work sad

The option to disallow backusers to connect to manager is breaked sad there is onebugreport about it

Any solution ?
            MODx Sites & Prestations: http://dp-site.fr [Last MODx Site]
            MODx Repository: [HOME] [MetaTagsExtra] / Current Dev: [xFDM]
            • 1,097 Posts
            More of an oversight than a bug or bad configuration.

Essentially it is not possible.

To enable QuickEdit, currently:
            User must be a Manager user, because the pop-up is another way of viewing Manager.
            Must have "Run Module" active in the role-permissions.

You *can* change the start page so that users do not go straight to "Manager", but you need to hack the QuickEdit bar so that it doesn’t have the link to Manager.

However, given that the manager login screen is /manager, anyone clicking their login link that was already logged in would see the Manager. You *can* restrict what they can see there, but it is not ideal.

I would have thought that denying access to the Manager frameset would work, but that option is grayed out.
              No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
              MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
              Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
              Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
              Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
              MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
              • 2,204 Posts
              This funktion is not working at the moment its a bug that is there already for a long time.
              I got it to wrk that you can set this settings and I was even send to the frontend instead of the manager after log in but quickedit uses manager parts for the editor etc. sow its a bit usesless to use those settings when you can not use quickedit.

to get this to work Quick edit must not be seen as a manager aplication but I think that thit wil be a hard problem to seperate quickedit from the manager.

take a look at my test site to get an idea how far I got

http://modx.kinghosting.nl/manager

nomanager/mytestcase

Dimmy
                follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                • 415 Posts
                Hummm. I don’t understand one thing:
                I log to the backend as admin,
                I open the site in an other windows (quickedit is allowed)
                I close the backend and quickedit is always allowed in the other windows.

Perhaps it is possible to make a snippet or a module, that purpose is: if a certain user (no webuser) is loggin (on the backend), it redirect it to the frontend, in the same window, so with his right he can modify files with quickedit.
                It ’s not important for me if the user is loggin on the back or frontend, I just don’t want he’s going on the manager.

My skill in english is not very good, sorry.
                  • 2,204 Posts
                  quick edit looks as front end but are parts of the backend thats the problem when you log in the manager on my server you see what I mean. you could give manager acces but still get forwarded first to the fontend but by clicking go-manager in the quick menu or adding/manager to the webadres you could still enter the manager
                    follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                    • 204 Posts
                    Quote from: Soda at Jul 13, 2006, 04:32 PM

Hummm. I don’t understand one thing:
                    I log to the backend as admin,
                    I open the site in an other windows (quickedit is allowed)
                    I close the backend and quickedit is always allowed in the other windows.

Perhaps it is possible to make a snippet or a module, that purpose is: if a certain user (no webuser) is loggin (on the backend), it redirect it to the frontend, in the same window, so with his right he can modify files with quickedit.
                    It ’s not important for me if the user is loggin on the back or frontend, I just don’t want he’s going on the manager.

My skill in english is not very good, sorry.

Good idea - and remove access to the manager from quickedit, sure they could type in the url for the manager .. if you knew about it, problem is you need to log into the manager to get pages in quickedit to begin with, it’s one of MODx’s most powerful potentials - perhaps Ryan’s got plans to incorporate that wish in the tattoo framework.

- SB
                      • 415 Posts
                      Hello,
                      I made two plugins without hacks that fit my needs: see them here

MODx is the best !