We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    I have a problem with the resources manager, more particularly the ImageEditor (manager/media/ImageEditor/).

When I try to insert an image using the image browser, the server for images (in assets/images/), nothing is displayed even though images are there, so are thumbs with the right .thumbs_ prefix and right size (96x96 pixels). If I try re-uploading (via the image browser upload buttom) the image I want to insert (which is already on the server), I have a warning message telling me a file with the same name already exists. If I try to upload a new image, not better : the file is indeed uploaded (checked via FTP) but the thumb is not created thus I can’t select and insert the image.

I checked :
    - assets folder’s permissions are OK, so are individual files permissions
    - Resource path and Resource URL are OK, triple checked it
    - Enable Resource Browser is set on "Yes" (you never know what stupid thing you can do tongue )
    - index.html file is in the assets/images/ folder
    - reviewed info() and checked gd2 : it’s loaded

This was previously working flawlessly with this site and is working flawlessly on multiple other MODx install. At first, I suspected the hosting service’s configuration to be at fault, since it was the first website to run on this host. But I have a version of this website running local and it’s not working either sad

This is all very puzzling huh . I just don’t get it, and I am thinking since this website has "travelled" from local server to test server to production server something in the ImageEditor config is at fault ?

But I don’t know MCPUK / ImageEditor config very well so I don’t know where to look for ?
    What could possibly cause this to happen ?

Any Idea ?

Thanks !
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 7,075 Posts
      Anyone would have a least a direction to point me toward ?

I would greatly appreciate this !

MODx est l'outil id
        • 7,075 Posts
        Even if I hate not understanding, I had to drop it just did a re-install, imported my dB back into the fresh install and updated my settings and now it works.

It’s really odd, I am totally dumbfounded by this problem... huh

MODx est l'outil id
        • I had a somewhat similar problem with the image manager on a client’s site, it was actually refusing to view anything and failing with a "disk full" error when I tried to upload anything. I ran a few checks and the filesystem was corrupted. I was able to download the images with ftp, however, and removed the entire directory, re-created it and uploaded the images, and it’s been fine ever since.
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 7,075 Posts
            Thanks a lot Susan for sharing smiley

I wouldn’t have thought of checking corrupted filesystem (thing is, in my case didn’t work neither locally nor on server, so I am not sure that was it).

MODx est l'outil id
              • 1,495 Posts
              I haven’t had this problem yet, but it might be that you upload the corrupted files during the migration process from testing server to your production server David.
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 7,075 Posts
                In the end it seems that transfering a lot of files via FTP can cause file corruption, it was indeed the problem you’re right...

MODx est l'outil id
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #8, 18 years ago
                  your server doesn’t have zip support ?
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                    • 7,075 Posts
                    If you’re thinking using the backup module to zip it all and move to another server, it didn’t work when I tested it. The module generated a corrupt archive everytime I tried it...

I have to look into this more thoroughly, just tried it fast last time...

MODx est l'outil id
                      • 3,975 Posts
                      Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #10, 18 years ago
                      No, not for backup module, but for original MODx distro, you can upload zip file on your server and extract the contents by using this script.

This makes life a lot easier smiley .. If you are on CPanel host, there are 90% chances that you have zip libraries enabled.

Hope this helps.

regards,

zi
                        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link