We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    I’m having a lot of errors trying to read the dump from my database (mysql 4) in my localhost to a hosting server using mysql 3.23... I’ve read somewhere that removing the comments would solve the problem but, it didn’t... I’ve tried also the modbackup but I still have the errors... The strangest thing happens when I try to read the dump to another database in my localhost I still have errors huh

In mysql 3.23 after removing the comments The errors are like this:You have an error in your SQL syntax near ’ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1’

Can anyone help undecidedme please??
    Thanks
      • 155 Posts
      I had this problem too on my server >:(

Just remove all occurences of ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1; of your SQL queries.

Another way is you replace ENGINE=MyISAM with TYPE=MyISAM and remove DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Boby
        ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...
        • 7,075 Posts
        Cadju, lots of us have been there sad

Boby is right, this is what makes the import fail.

You can also select (if your version of phpMyAdmin has the option) the MYSQL323 compatibility option when exporting. It will automatically strip your SQL of any incompatible statement.
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 26 Posts
          :) Thanks people, now it works, but I’m having problems now with the characters like ç, è ú, etc embarrassed, and another strange thing: the images from the content edited with the rich text editor doesn’t appear in the pages altough they appear in the preview in manager section when editing a page huh Any ideas??

Thanks in advance
          • When going back to 3.23, make sure you select latin1 as the file encoding when executing your sql dump in phpMyAdmin. If that still doesn’t work, you’re probably going to have to do some research to make sure you dump the data out properly, specify the character set and collation sequences of the db in 3.23 properly, and work through it.

Also keep in mind that the default encoding in these older versions of MySQL is actually cp1252, even though it is called latin1, and that most MySQL installs use latin1_swedish_ci as the default collation sequence.