We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 380 Posts
    Alright, I just got MaxiGallery installed and working. I uploaded an image and the thumbnail does not work.

After doing some investigation I found out what the problem is, but can’t figure out why it is happening.

Attached is the document tree. The gallery is on the photo page. It seems the thumbnail is being referenced incorrectly.

The link to the zoomed version is from the root /assets/... but the reference to the thumbnail is /nyc/assets/ (the parent document)

It seems the image is not being referenced from the root.

I hope I explained this correctly and that someone can help.
      • 380 Posts
      It has to do with the "Use friendly alias path" in the administration settings.

If I set this to no it works correctly but if it is at yet it will not work.

Any suggestions as to how to get it to work with friendly alias paths?
        • 4,213 Posts
        Quote from: betoranaldi at Oct 31, 2006, 03:09 PM

The link to the zoomed version is from the root /assets/... but the reference to the thumbnail is /nyc/assets/ (the parent document)

Hmm.. that sounds odd, do you have a link to the site or could you copy paste some of the html source here? Have you set <base href=[(site_url)] /> tag to your template? There are some problems with friendly alias paths that are fixed to dev code already, but this sounds different..

Anyways, for the snippet to work with friendly alias paths, you need to do this.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."