We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 157 Posts
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, hope so.

Was just after some advice on enhancing the MaxiGallery submission form to allow further information to be stored. What would be the best way to achieve this?

I’ve noticed various form solution snippets in the Repository, particularly FormProcessor, would some form of intergration be possible?

Equally, how difficult would it be to modify MaxiGallery to retrive and display any information saved?

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

BTW How is 0.5 going? I’m afraid I cant seem to make head nor tail of the SVN and Trac thingy huh
      • 1,611 Posts
      I have added Spanish Title and Description fields to MG, and it works like a charm. Just search through the snippet code for one of the standard variables and add similar lines of code for your new info. You can manually add the new tables to your database using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool or you can update the table creation code in the snippet itself.
        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
        • 157 Posts
        Thanks Zap, I shall attempt this.

How did you deal with outputting the new fields? Similar approach?

Is there no value in making use of an intelligent form snippet then?

Steve
          • 1,611 Posts
          Well, the code in the snippet selects all fields from the database for each image, so you can just reference your new ones by name the same way that the others are used (e.g., $pics[$i][’your_new_field’]).
            "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options