We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 157 Posts
    Hi Doze,

Just a quick question, will tagging - as discussed in another thread feature in the next version of MaxiGallery?

Am I correct in assuming that this will allow an image to effectively be placed in multiple categories? To what extent will this catagorisation be able to link in with other Modx features? I’m not entirely sure what I mean by this, I am just aware that many content management systems have limited accessibility to core "modifications".

What I envisage, is a site driven by user galleries, but where images can be browsed by other gallery catagories - thus images would need to be able to appear in several places. Is this possible?

Cheers,

Steve
      • 4,213 Posts
      There might be picture tagging in v0.5 or it might be delayed to v0.6.. it will simply be a way to set tags to individual pictures at picture management. Then when listing pictures via maxigallery solo like snippet, it will be possible to filter pictures via supplied tags..

So basically the pictures are still in just "one gallery" but future versions will merge maxigallery solo into maxigallery itself and then it will be possible to define multiple galleries to list pictures from and filter via tags.. but i’m not sure yet that will this be available in v0.5.. I should probably get that out as soon as possible. But we’ll see..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 157 Posts
        Thanks for the quick reply.

The development cycle sounds interesting. What your suggesting then will effectively link multiple galleries? Or am I confused?

Steve
          • 4,213 Posts
          yes, you can ’query’ pictures from multiple galleries like in maxigallery solo and further filter them via tags.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 157 Posts
            grin Fantastic!

I eagerly await the version with these features, and hope that I’ll have sufficient Modx knowledge to contribute to testing by then. Hope to implement a site with version 0.5 (on its release (soon?) ) over the course of the next few weeks, hope u dont mind plenty of noob questions coming from this direction wink

Thanks, all your hardwork is much appreciated.

Steve