We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 228 Posts
    Maybe I missed references to this as an issue somewhere, but....

Using lighboxv2 and when I view the images in IE, I can see the Title and Description info, but when viewing in FF, nothing appears, and there isn’t any space for it to appear, just enough room for Image 1 of 6 and the CLOSE X. The Title does appear when hovering over the thumbnails in both though.
      | Identity Developments delivers SEO focused web design and web presence services
      - it's not about websites, it's about your identity. |
      • 228 Posts
      Updated info... just discovered accidentally, as usually happens, that the issue seems to be limited to when you are logged in. When I clicked on a photo in FF as a guest, the title and description caption information appeared.

Hope that helps.
        | Identity Developments delivers SEO focused web design and web presence services
      • Do you have QuickEdit enabled?
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 228 Posts
          Susan,

you beat me to it... or so I thought. It hit me that that might be the issue, so I thought I’d quickly check.

However, even before I got into the manager to login, I tried one of the images, and now it wasn’t showing the captions anymore anyway.

I also went back in and then logged out just to make sure I was completely out, but still no deal.

Then I disabled... or tried to disable QuickEdit, but when I went to the frontend again, QuickEdit was still showing up, even though it was listed as disabled in the manager.

So not sure, maybe it is just some quirk going on. I’ll just have to keep playing around and see if I can figure it out. The site isn’t live yet or accessible, otherwise I’d give you the URL and let you take a look. Hopefully in the next few days.
          • To disable QuickEdit, you must disable the Plugin and the Module. I suspect you just did the Module.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 228 Posts
              You would be correct laugh
              I have to say, that is a bit confusing and I’m sure is a common issue.

Good news... I just learned something new about MODx!

Bad news... still had no affect on the issue at hand.

Additionally, I also tried disabling the CSS, just in case there was something happening there... at least we can rule out CSS as having an impact as the problem was still a problem.

thanks
                • 4,213 Posts
                Never seen or hear this problem before.. When you have the problem, view the page source and see if prototype or scriptaculous are included twice.. or some other javascript library that could break it.. Could you give link for me to see the issue?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                  • 228 Posts
                  I also tried disabling Norton Internet Security, in case some of the poor javascript code it adds was affecting something, but no dice.

doze, I’ll PM you the URL and the access codes so you can take a look. There are a a few calls to the AJAX libraries, but they all look a little different, so not entirely sure if anything is extraneous or not.