We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    Hi, I’m just new to MODx and MaxiGallery, both with possibilities way beyond my expectations! Now I sit here wondering: is this possible too? I came up with an idea for my website, to present galleries based on keywords/tags. So a gallery with ’architecture’ could contain some pictures from the gallery ’holidays’ and the galleries ’party’ and ’people’ could contain the same pictures as ’night photography’. I’m sure you get the idea..

Is there a way? Maybe with an additional snippet? I’d love to find out!

thanx, n`
      • 4,213 Posts
      Picture tagging is not currently possible in Maxigallery, but there has been some talk about it..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 42 Posts
        Okay, I’m going to try to edit your code, I’m just a PHP newbie, so I might ask more questions later.. wink

First I’ll be trying to (fully, i hope) understand your code
        2nd will be eliminating all sub-galleries,
        3rd will be creating 1 big gallery, like an image-dump folder.

then the hardest part: assigning keywords and creating flexible/dynamic galleries..

I’ll get busy soon!
          • 4,213 Posts
          You would need to make another field in the database table, then store the tag selection to that field in the snippet code. Make a new form field (select box maybe) in the picture management form and get the values (eg. tagnames) to the selection box via sql select distinct. Then make it possible to edit the available tags if you want (if you only need static tag names, put the tags to some pictures in the db table and they will appear on the form). Then you need to make a snippet that get’s the pictures from selected galleries with some tags info. You can quickly edit that from maxigallery solo.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 42 Posts
            Okay, thnx for the input. I found one of my friends with a little more PHP experience willing to help me out, he’s into the challenge smiley I’ll keep you up to date!
              • 4,213 Posts
              If you get it done nicely and are willing to publish for others to use under GPL, I can take a look at it to include in maxigallery by default. I think many would like that. Also, if you have any questions, I’ll try to help.

• 42 Posts
                Okay, that would be great! We’re just starting, so we’ll examine the code first wink. I can’t promise anything about publishing, but I don’t think my friend will disagree that publishing it here would be the best thing to do. 2nd, I don;t know wheter we’ll succeed smiley so don’t get your hopes up just yet. But I can promise you we’ll put effort in it.

update: he agreed to publish it, as I expected smiley